Search & Win

Friday, May 7, 2010

How I save a ton of money on meat!


This Is my hall from my local united grocery outlet. You know the place that has deep discount food from a truck wreck or over stock or what ever. we call it u-go for short. But I do think my dad calls it the ghetto grocery! LOL But dont knock it 1 out of 4 times I go in their I score big time! The other times I still find a good deal or two. Some ppl go and see nothing and never go again and they miss out on days like today.
 I got

 Butterball lean ground turkey X-10 .50¢ each
Oscar Mayer jumbo X-10 .50¢ each
also 3 for $1 Snapple water my husband liked these.


If you can see my deep freezer was only about 3/4 full which is wasting electricity in my mind . So I am glad I could stock up on such great finds also Im glad I had room to stock up.

So If you skip on those deep discount grocery stores you may be missing out.


3 comments:

Beth said...

I try to go to UGO at least once a week. You really can find some good deals there. Some people thing they are too good to shop there or say that the food is expired. Not me! I love that your dad calls it "Ghetto Grocery" LOL!

Melissa said...

I don't think we have a UGO store :-( I never heard of that b4.

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

We don't have any stores like that nearby. I try to get clearance meat and combine that with the "no beer purchase necessary" mail in rebates to keep the freezer stocked.